Sunday, January 11, 2009

Holidays







Hello to everyone from Russia.

Today Sunday in Petro and the first day after their long Christmas vacation. Yesterday the kids and I went out with Nastya (our translator and we visited the Karelia Museum and learn a little bit about the history of the state of Karelia, later we went to the outdoor carnival and the kids played on the inflatable and ride the train. It was very cold so we could not stay as long as we wanted. Since it was the last day of their Holiday everyone was out and about. The carnival was full with families who were enjoying the end of their vacation. Danielle and Kirill could have stay much longer but Nastya and I were in serious need of a drink.
I was very surprise when Nastya told me we were doing paper work today. Apparently in Russia after a long vacation people start working immediately after is over it does not matter is on a Sunday. I am glad because it give us one more day to do all the paper work we need. Right now we are waiting a the hotel because one of Kirills papers were wrong. His name was spell differently since they spelled David phonetically and apparently you can use different letter for the same sound. Hopefully tonight we will be able to apply for his birth certificate as well as his passport.
I am glad to report that his relation ship with Danielle continue to be as normal as you can expect for siblings. They play and fight and fight and play. The longer they are together the more they seemed to get into this funny routine. I only sit back and watched. Danielle was having a hard time today, missing home and particularly Camille. She was crying so Kirill told her he was also missing home but he was not crying. I asked him if he was missing the orphanage and he said no that he was missing his home in America particularly his dog chopper. I thought this was very interesting. He was so serious to when he said it. I guess is a good sign that he is already feeling part of our family.
I will say goodbye for now and I hope those who live in Iowa do not have to shovel to much snow.
Love from Russia.

Celia

1 comment:

BeaverdaleBabs said...

Wonderful photos! I will show them to Danya tonight! He will love seeing Kirril. We are counting down the days until you return to America!